Thursday, April 8, 2010

About a person, like my reflection.

Yup long time since I paid any attention to this space. Last when I wrote it was 2009, now its 2010. Tooooooooooo looooooooooooooooooooooooong gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. I know how much you guys are waiting for my post, like u wait for an Aamir movie. (Accept it na... for my happiness.... plz......)
So as the title, I would like to write about some beings who all r like me, IDIOTS. But don’t accept to don the title on them. They all enjoyed my posts here and called me proudly IDIOT. I’m one, I know, by now u all know. As I said u won’t have a life span to do all the mistakes by yourself and so learn from other’s mistakes. I learned from these IDIOTS. I know my life span is going to be reduced reasonably after I put this post out here. Still a brave me is here with my next post. (Copyrights reserved to me. Whatever I write is final and no corrections here. After all, it’s my blog)
Introducing this girl, whom I know her from my 1st Physics Lab external in engineering( I guess). She is one of my all time good friends (u see the common factor that brought us together? Yup!!! IDIOCY ). We spent nice moments of our college life together. We had same thinking and we used to laugh at things together which others used to take heavily serious. She was the usual load (As I used to call her...) on my scooter pillion seat for 3 long years. Used to see my sem results and info me. We were bench mates. In practical classes again batch mates. So totally WE WERE ALWAYS TOGETHER. On seeing each other we used to get confidence I guess, that even Idiots can live life happier than Intels. There are many such incidents that’ll win her “THE BEST IDIOT EVER AWARD” from me. “I won’t give it to you. No. Its Mine.”
People who know both of us by now might have guessed who’s that girl. I’m not supposed to tell her name here, cos that’s the condition.(Pssssss... but I can anytime add her photo. That was not mentioned in the conditions. She’s an IDIOT and proof is this!) Hmmm.....For our reference will call her.............. hmmmmmmmmm......... yup 117!! Her hostel room number was 117 I stayed in that room as a guest for 15 days. I used to be a regular visitor there. Oye!! 117 dont think too much .I went through my old diaries to get this number....
So in our initial days of friendship, I used to feel strange about this girl. She was tooooooooooooooo sincere (which I can’t even imagine.) toooooooooooooooooooo truthful (which actually irritated me and our practical session batch mate a lot.) A Cry baby..... Many say and believe I spoiled her. After getting into my friendship she changed. But trust me It was a good change and she didn’t change that much also she was the same but many didn’t notice it before. Later when they started noticing. Their shock they expressed as “Ani... you have spolied that poor girl....” I’ll be like... Excuse me!! Give me a break!!! Who changed whom???
I’ll tell what happened!! She used to sit in 1st bench and nod at each and every word the lecturers used to utter.( don’t know if it was because she understood or she was dozing off). She thought playing games (Like totha udd... chidiya udd... another IDIOT taught us this, Bollywood, Bingo, Dots, passing the message... ) Assignments are to be done not copied (Come on... I didn’t change this ,as I used to copy it from her and if she didn’t do then where will I go).Should not talk in class. Should always pass and score in internals. Should not bunk classes.
Later she started to sit in last benches, bunk classes, score single digits in internals, play, talk and sms during class hours. Trust me people I DIDNT DO ANYTHING. I’m so influential that, I can’t help it.
Incident 1:-

It was during our initial friendship days I was staying in her room, which mean I was her roommate then. It was the time when strikes in college were at peak. Our college had (It still has) 2 gates, back gate and front gate. During the Strikes both the gates were closed and student reps will guard them. Only during those times I feel like getting inside the college (I meant college not class.) because for me its adventure to go in passing the reps. That day we were walking from Hostel to college for our morning classes, we saw many students coming back. On asking them we came to know that there was a boycott of classes from the union side. Demands I don’t know. I was not an active member in all these things. They were a different world for me.
Now 117 and I were thinking should we go and check the front gate. Finally don’t know what happened I left with one of my other friend to the front gate. She didn’t come I guess. On reaching the front gate we saw it was guarded by the watchmen who had clear instructions from Principal to allow students inside and union was not supposed to stop any student entering. So, we were actually pushed in. I was happy I achieved something. Now what??? I thought we should go out and try getting in again. But the girl who drove me in was not insane like me. She was quiet sincere (I hate it) She dragged me to the class. As Canteen and other possible hide outs were closed on that day, I followed her. Cursing her. We entered the class. My only relief at that time could have been “FREE ATTENDANCE”. Which means no lecturer will teach anything. They’ll just walk in and take attendance and leave. But.. My prayers were in vain and I was put to that pain. We had all the morning 4 hours that day. I was thinking of 117 enjoying in hostel. I felt jealous of her. Finally lunch break. After that all the later classes were suspended I guess. Whatever I went back to hostel and didn’t come back for the afternoon session. I went to our room which was crowded with our batch mates. (It used to be like that as there were no seniors in this room. Full gossiping happened here. Hostel stories can be a big post here sometime later.) I entered and saw 117 hopping. She used to and still hops a lot. Don’t know why???I never cared as I can’t or never even tried to imagine her without hopping. She asked me where have u been???? I was like.. What!!! She was asking as if I had been lost. And common I was not that hoppy as her after my 4 hours back at college. I said “Eh???!!!! As if you don’t know. I and the other girl went to check the front gate na.. It was open. We went in.” Her face changed, eyes widened, dropped her head and looked up at me only lifting her eyelids and not head in a lower voice “You attended the class?” I said “ Yup!!!” Her face turned red. First I thought she supported the union and my attending class hurt her belief in me. Then her eyes turned red... I felt she’s going to eat me raw. (She’s a veggie. That was a relief.) Then it came... TEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like “?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!” She started to sob uncontrollably. Everyone in the room was like me. FULL CONFUSED!!! Some less shocked girls tried to enquire what happened. (No.. Not me... I was hell shocked!!!) Then she said while sobbing... “I couldn’t attend.” I was like “What? Attend what?” She continued... “I couldn’t attend the class...” I was “WHAT!!!!! She’s sobbing for not doing something that I did and am sobbing for doing that. EH???!!!!” I couldn’t understand this girl. “Oye... Give me a break, and explain actually why are you sobbing?????” I felt like screaming and asking this question but didn’t do it, because many girls consoling her gave me stare like the way I was a spoiled kid and I snatched the favourite toy of kid 117 and poor thing as crying because of me. I was like “Hey..... Please chill u loving mummies of 117 and please console me. Try to pinch me and tell me what’s happening is a bad dream. Else I may go into coma............” But no. All were consoling her. Some girls started talking logically and said... bunking a class is not a big thing. It should happen usually and it’s fun. One girl said she was thrown out off the class for making noise and was standing outside the class. She felt hungry and so she went to canteen to have something. While returning the lecturer who sent her out of the class caught her red handed. All were laughing. 117 also. I was not enjoying. I still demanded a valid explanation from 117. After a long “Blah Blah Blah” from all, she recovered from her sorrow (the great loss) and I from my shock. First thing that I decided that day was. Cut her friendship else, she’ll spoil me. ;)
After that we discussed this thing many times.. I asked her “Why did u cry that badly?” She said “I felt guilty of not attending.” I said “WHAT!!!” Later, I told this to all our other friends and made fun of her. She finally felt that she quiet over reacted then and laughed the incidents off.

Lots of 117 to follow, if I still be alive after this post sees day light. (Excuse me! It’ll not go for a morning walk. I meant publishing it. At times I try to be poetic. I’m terrible at that. I accept. But still I try).

19 comments:

  1. Prologue - The person whom you are referring to will not comment on this post (99.9999% sure)

    The description of your 'friend' tells me one thing about the person - he/she (trying yo be very neutral in what I say lol) was very focused and susceptible to peer pressure. I have known people in your section and in general felt that the ratio of 'studious' students was way too high.

    I also think that your friend was (may be is) a 'sangha jeevi' - i.e., would like to so what the group does - any deviation from this would put him/her off. I do not know how hostel life would be (I did not enjoy being in rooms with unwashed socks for months, spreading a remarkable fragrance that would put your head in to a tailspin ) but I know for sure that it makes people cranky if they feel left out and alone.

    I always felt that you were a spoiled kid. A rebel in your own right who would always put the wrong foot first, defend it, and successfully pull yourself through the seemingly simple situation (converted to a very complex multi-dimensional entity by then) with ease. I am not tossing you here (yet). This is a life skill and I appreciate that you have it :)

    This does not mean that I am a visionary with a deep insight; it only means that I am appreciating somebody after a very long time.

    Lots to explain but short on time - some other day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fan!! But you are a museum piece .. there can't be another one like you anicreamy ;)

    117 is another museum piece though :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I knew this story before.. I loved it, I enjoyed it .. You have written it soooooo well :-)

    @Vinay: Don't try to be over-smart by considering the college-hostel-room-mate of a girl to be he-or-she ;-) But I agree with your other two points.. Master monkey will never see this post (or even if she does, she doesn't comment) and that Anisha is a spoilt kid.

    @Santosh: I totally agree with you :-) Fan++

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the 5th room mate of 117 for long 3 years!!!!!.And spent most of the time with the person whom u r refering here as your friend.I never knew how to be practical who used to believe in friendship and that person was a g8 teacher.She was knowing well "I am not here for friendship(but i can pretend to be)after all "life is a race agar tej nahin bago tho koi tumhe kuchal kar age badega".If some one wil not learn this lesson they are dead when they still alive.
    thank u anisha.After long adding some comment to this ec group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL.. ROFL.. ROFL.. Super Anisha. incr Fan (I code in TCL ;) ).

    Harish, correct aagi helde - @Vinay: Don't try to be over-smart by considering the college-hostel-room-mate of a girl to be he-or-she :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I notice.. Your blog background changed!! Thank GOD :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Harish, @Namitha, thanks for all the appreciation. I am so overwhelmed by your seemingly encouraging response.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi All.Vinnie and Gunda I m proving u wrong :).. I m here withcomments.. N I totally agree wit gunda s comment Don't try to be over-smart by considering the college-hostel-room-mate of a girl to be he-or-she :).vinnie manga swalpa aadru buddhi upayogiso ...

    And the article I enjoyed reading it.. ha ha:).Hats off Anisha:)I felt as if its happening again.Great Day hmmm:).

    Viji:I never pretended to be anyone's friend.I m a friend of many and I will continue to be.Yes I am practical but not to the extent that I will harm anyone else.If I was just in race I could have topped VTU ha ha:).But thats fine its your view.Thank you for writing.I will see to that no one else will feel I pretended of friendship with them.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Anisha: Well written. I believe you can write a book with all such intricate insights (You can name it as "Grannie's bed-time-stories", just a suggestion). I'll buy the first copy :), seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yayy!!!!!!! This post is a super hit :D

    Archi, thanks for proving us wrong and invalidating the need for the code name 117.. :-)

    Vijay, title super aagide.. second copy nange :D

    Anisha, can you start working on the book during your "break-time" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Archi! Appreciate your adding a comment to this post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its everyone s view.Everyone trying to e over over smart.Koi panga nahin lena chahtha hai shayad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Viji,
    Your comment just went over my head... What did you want to say?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!!!!

    I loved it. Archana u urself told its u he he.


    Anisha please dont forgt to post he rubber insidence(I mean the SMS to to forward to get a new rubber to archi) Remember?

    If not fel free to contact me.


    I was in class it was boring n i read it trust me i was ROFL;
    All boredum gone

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Re,write story over someody else who deserves to be called as KID,IDIOT.ok.I dint comment on writing story.Its your wish.Dont take my words wrongly.And whatever i ve told above its 100% true.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Viji,
    Don't get me wrong here; truth is based on the way you perceive facts and interpret it. It is sad to say that your perception is radically different from rest of us. It is ok to have perceptions but it is certainly not ok to impose them on others; if you have differences / concerns talk to the concerned party and resolve it. Do not vent your anger/frustration like this. Technically it is called "washing dirty linen in public".

    I request you again - hope you understand that this is a fun post and not some mud-slinging activity that we are doing here.

    ReplyDelete