Tuesday, April 17, 2012

How I did it.. Secrets revealed!!!

After successfully completing my graduation and working with an MNC with the help of the same degree.. I would love to reveal the great secrets of how I reached here...
Before I begin.. Actions explained here was performed by the expert (ME!! ) not to be practiced or tried at home.. I won’t be responsible for the loses like( less or worst no pocket money, emotional attyachars of moms.. verbal insults by father or mockeries by siblings :P)
It all begun on the fateful day when i was tossed to the world of education.. I was very young and innocent.. I didn’t know that MARKS,RANKS,GRADES like stuffs ever existed.. I thought spending time bheja frying mom and dad at home was what life is.. ( well after my sister took that responsibility from me i was kinda jobless... but really appreciate that she had not left a single pebble unturned in doing the job up to perfection.. err.. pebble as stone will be a bit hard to turn for a baby :P) I was happy.. Content.. Watching mahabharath without understanding even a bit of it.. Fighting with my neighbor son sunil was world for me.. sob sob..
Once I entered school.. mom got serious abt the ABCDs.. which i though was fun scribbling.. and kannada letters.. a aa.. e ee.. was night mare for me.. counting the number of apples and oranges in the book.. i actually though mom doesn’t know how many are there.. but once when I answered wrong.. she gave me one thud!!!.. making me realise.. she actually knows..  UKG was ok.. 1st standard introduced me to additions and subtractions.. 2+2=4 mom used to show me 2 oranges and again 2 oranges count now how many are there.. i would count and say 4... mom then asks. So how much is 2+2.. i would be.. “eh?? Wat.. weren’t we counting oranges.. wats that she’s asking...” how hard it was to learn i dono but how hard was it to teach me u still can get an answer from my mom.. she even once said I was one of the dumbest.. then came algebra, geometry, grammar in languages.. I remember an English teacher telling me I should reduce the use of ‘and’ and ‘the’.. I was using ‘the’ at the beginning of every sentence i speak and ‘and’ as a replacement of comma, semi colons..
I was poooooooooooooooooooooooooor in kannada.. i still remember my kannada note books were superbly decorated with red ink circle meaning “mistake” and shashikala ma’am throwing my note book in disgust for I dono how many times.. the book used to come and land on the floor as a UFO.. she was an athlete.. (discus throw her main item :P) my hand writing was errrrrr.. well, i should say luckily i have to type here if i was supposed to write, it would come under the screenings of FBI, RAW and ISI as a new encryption method.. so the grace 5 marks for gud handwriting was forgotten..maths and science was wat i was gud at as I found some meaning in studying that.. I was shocked to know plants had life.. I even imagined a plant wiping of its tears with a leaf when I plucked a flower off it.. I even felt guilty of my acts..
Languages were a complete “not interested to know” stuffs for me.. i don’t want to know wat Shakespeare was thinking when he wrote some poem.. the question “ wat does the poet wish to convey by saying rising sun is beautiful when u see its reflection in the flowing river water?” my answer would be “ he meant wat he said..” but wat i’m supposed to write will me “ so clear is the river water that sunrise appears so nice on it” i never till date understood poetry.. similes ,metaphors.. arrrrrrrrrrgh..
Exams i thought was like running race.. who gets out of the room first will score more.. I dono how many times i have skipped answering the last letter writing and essays so that i can have an extra hour to play in the school ground.. i was quiet fast with sums so maths i used to finish off early.. before my 7th board exam during the study holidays.. mom was busy with some house shifting and all.. and as she was not bugging me I was busy catching butterflies, enjoying our garden and nature.. at the nth moment when my mom sat with me for revision she realised that was not revision but actually vision time for me..
I was in 9th std when it dawned to me that i need to study because err... it was my job on hands as i’m in school.. luckily to my mom’s suprise i started studying ( i cann’t say seriously as i never did it) My mom was happy with my grades.. I hated social studies and as usual the languages.. with sandhi, samsa, lakaara.. i had opted Sanskrit.. so grammar in Sanskrit was written and used my BC people.. i studied it for 5 years.. now wat i know is “thava naama kim?” meaning “wats ur name?”
To the utter shock of my parents and disbelief of my sister( she is a little serious abt studies type.. so she finds me as a total non sense, crap, gud for nothing item.. err.. even today) i passed my SSLC with flying colors.. My relatives and close family people put me into “intelligent kids” group.. that was the biggest mistake in my life.. from that day expectations mounted on me.. people saying “aree.. nair sir ur daughter can do it.. she’s intel...” will make my dad’s chest broader and and my hair density thinner.. but i fought back with my laid back attitude.. sleeping on physics text book in 12th std, chemistry tuition, biology tuition sir calling me a doctor.. to anyone other than me could have been scary.. but i’m a bravo.. thats their expectations.. their problem.. none of my business..
With the very same attitude i entered engg college.. for the first time in life.. I met so many variety of students.. big college.. i was lost in the crowd as i wanted.. had no complaints..
Here i studied few subjects of wat was allotted to me.. which actually interested me.. and the other few subjects which i didn’t like.. i skilfully wrote the exam.. come on i’m into writing exams since UKG by my BE days i should have mastered it.. Practice makes man perfect..
1 subject i should mention SSD(Solid State Devices) in 5th sem or 6th i guess.. was the one subject i passed with 35 marks out of 100 external and 25 out of 25 internal.. big time joke.. i didn’t study for the exam.. i was too tired to study for the exam.. i locked my room and slept of on my book.. morning i got up by 6 and saw i was at some 10th or 12th page had my exams at 8-9 am.. wat can i do.. i tried crying so that my sleep will vanish and i can study.. but that was not required as i felt a little pressure and read around 50-70 pages in an hour.. went to exam.. when i got the q- paper.. there was only 1 question for 20 marks which i knew the answer.. without wasting time i wrote it.. i was like ok.. 20 marks is done another 30 marks i need to write so that i can manage a 35.. giving the evaluator a luxury of 15 marks.. but i didn’t know answer to any other question.. panic stuck me for a moment.. i took a time out.. counted the number of pages in the answer booklet.. marked a page to indicate the middle of the booklet.. and looked around.. everyone was writing.. my close friend was almost inside her answer booklet.. Invigilator gave me some looks which i ignored and turned my eyes to q- paper.. decided to fill half the answer booklet with something i know abt the subject which i studied in that 50-70 pages.. i started answering all the questions.. it was like when asked to write an essay on cow.. u tie the cow to a coconut tree and u write abt the tree as u know only abt the tree.. all equations derivations everything.. we have 8 questions each of 20 marks.. and out of which we have to answer 5.. i ended up answering 8 questions and was writing till the long bell.. after the examination was finished.. i did the next best thing to save my sinking titanic SSD.. visited temple.. promised to offer coconuts to God if i pass.. Phew!!!!!!!!
BE exams were fun.. if the q-paper was easy no one will talk much.. if in case it was difficult.. we used to laugh uncontrollably..
Wat i followed
• Never carry book to the college or school on exam days excepting to put some final knowledge into my head at the nth hour.. ( anju and archi used to hate me for disturbing them at the nth hour studies :P)
• Go to exam on time not before.. a little late is also ok.. but never too early
• Never discuss anything of the subject before entering the hall.. talk funny thing.. keep ur mood light
• Once the exam is over.. don’t stay back and discuss on the questions.. we have next exam to see. Past is past.. no point in banging ur head on it..
• Once exams are over live free till the results are out
• Once the results are out.. use ur common sense.. Its gud to have curiosity to know how much u fooled the evaluator but it’s not wise to be anxious abt the same.. no one better than u know abt ur fate
• 90% of my results were actually informed to me by my friends as i never bothered to go and check.. a million thanks Archi.. If u were not there i don’t think i would have ever know my results on the announced day it self..( she even used to take print out of the same and hand it over to me.. which i promptly tossed off somewhere..)
• Even if u are scared to hell abt ur exams.. understand it’s ur problem.. u brought urself to this situation.. take responsibility and don’t pass ur tension to ur parents.. my dad and mom always said a “all the best” and blessed me.. after exams both ask how was it.. to which i would say..” i wrote wat i knew”.. dad wil say “thats wat was excepted na”.. mom will sigh and say.. “God knows”
• If u fail in exams.. its not the end of the world.. if u have failed once ever in life.. u’ll go through that.. humiliation, that extra sympathy thrown at u by ur friends.. its true even friends will not know how to react when u act cranky abt it.. so prepare for it next time and don’t spoil ur friends mood..
• Committing suicide is the last thing if u fail.. its simple.. when u fail u are actually demonstration it to people that ur way was a wrong ways they should be thankful to u..
• Finally if u cleared it.. don’t go out and shout to the world u did it.. thank God, thank ur gud stars, thank ur luck and move further
I have stopped writing exams once in 6 months or on monthly basis.. now i face it daily.. with the roller coaster of my life till know i have seen gud 26 years of life.. I consider myself Gods favorite child.. because i have lived up to wat i wanted myself to be.. without much hassle..
P.S: Vinnie if u are commenting here.. stick to the twitter rule.. 140 letter not even one extra.. :P

4 comments:

  1. Awesome read... Looked like I relived my childhood :)

    PS: The last line is too good :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha.. loved this :)and i followed all of your rules during my college days :) Well written :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ಅನೀಶಾ, ವಿವರಣೆ ಚೆನ್ನಾಗಿ ಮೂಡಿ ಬಂದಿದೆ. ಅಭಿನಂದನೆಗಳು!

    ReplyDelete